It seems like just yesterday my little family was cuddled up on the couch watching Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. However, today I awoke to frost on my lawn and a house illuminated by the dim light of a Christmas tree. My wee babe has been ripping through her daily “Christmas tree” books and moving her little gingerbread man through the days of December. It really does go by so fast. Since I have an immense urge to embrace everything that the season entails, I have to create “to do” lists to make sure that everything has been checked off. Here’s just a few of my “must do” Christmas season activities. While it may be too late for some of these, you can always count on me to remind you about them for next year! Don’t forget to check the calendar daily.
Funtington, WV Christmas Bucket List
Still open for the season:
- Ashland’s Central Park Winter Wonderland of Lights (don’t forget to see Santa and take a train ride around the park too!)
- Gallipolis in Lights
- Krodel Park Christmas Fantasy Light Show in Point Pleasant (be sure to stop by and see the flood wall murals and the Mothman statue too).
- Christmas Light Show and Drive-Thru at WV Farm Museum in Point Pleasant
- St. Albans Festival of Lights
- Yuletide in the Park in Hurricane
- Local “Griswald” decorated home in Chesapeake, Oh take the 6th st bridge straight onto the bypass, once the bypass ends, you’ll turn left onto a street that goes up a slight hill back towards the river. You’ll see the house on the left side.
- Local “Griswald” decorated home in Ironton, Oh You’ll find it on the right side of the one way street on 6th avenue on the 6100 block. Near OU and Ironton High School.
- Visit Santa (there’s always one at the mall, but there are many others throughout the area too. I post a lot on the calendar. )
Prior events to look for next year:
- Holiday Candlelight House Tour, Huntington
- French Art Colony Holiday House Tour, Gallipolis/Point Pleasant
- Ashland Christmas Tour of Homes
- Herd Holiday
- GHPRD Christmas Events like Cozy Campfire, Ornament Decorating, and Gingerbread House decorating.
- Kyova10 Theater family holiday film showings with themed parties too.
- Cookies with Santa and Superheroes
- Heritage Farm Christmas Village
- Cabell Public Library Annual Christmas Celebration
- Christmas Parade: Huntington, Ashland, Barboursville, Charleston, Gallipolis, Hurricane
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Huntington Museum of Art Holiday Open House
- Visiting Mrs. Jessica Claus
Otherwise, my family spends our days listening to nonstop Christmas music on Pandora, revisiting our favorite Christmas films, making holiday crafts, wrapping presents, snuggling on the couch by the Christmas tree, eating wayyyyyy too many sweets, and creating memories to last a lifetime. Wherever the season takes you, I wish you health, wealth, and above all happiness. 2017 is quickly approaching!